Congratulations on buying a Karcher product. These products are specially designed to give you a cleaning experience which is beyond your imagination. When you use products from Karcher you would literally see years of grime and dirt melting before your eyes.
However all electrical cleaning appliances need to be handled at care. Below are a few tips from a Karcher service website on how to maintain your steam cleaners.
Maintaining your Steam Cleaner
Since the purpose of a steam cleaner is to maintain the cleanliness of your homes, it suctions of all the dirt and grime. However, too much debris can accumulate on the nozzle and the inside of the steam cleaner which needs to be cleaned as well.
The following are some of the ways in which a steam cleaner can be sanitized
- The first step towards cleaning a steam cleaner is to clean its nozzle. This can be done by pouring 3 to 4 cups of water on a hard floor and suctioning it through the nozzle. The step should be repeated until the nozzle is free from all the debris.
- The next step is to clean the hose. This can be done by filling a sink with hot soapy water and rinsing it thoroughly. Also make sure to keep the hose upright so any remaining water is dislodged.
- Once the hose has been cleaned you should leave it to air dry by removing it from the steam cleaner.
- All the attachments should be duly cleaned and care should be taken that the unit is unplugged from the electrical socket.
- The attachments can be soaked in warm water and squeeze a few drops of dishwashing liquid to clean the attachments properly.
- Once the attachments have been washed they should be left on a towel to air dry.
- Make sure to clean the water tank as well, the steam cleaner should be wiped clean from the outside using a lint free cloth.
- For non suction steam cleaners, the process is the same. Just immerse the parts in soapy water for half an hour or so.
- However a descaling solution consisting of one part water and one part vinegar solution should be poured into the water tank, it should be left this way for twenty minutes or so.
- The descaling solution would help get rid of all the mineral deposits from inside the tank.
Following the above mentioned steps can help you clean the steam cleaning product effectively. Regular cleaning and maintenance means that the product stays in mint condition and doesn’t need to be serviced too often. Though experts recommend that a yearly service along with proper cleaning would ensure that your steam cleaner would stay the way it was from the time you bought it.
A steam cleaner is a great product for keeping your home dirt and debris free. It’s environmentally safe because it doesn’t make use of any products which are harmful to the environment.
However if you have a steam cleaner which isn’t operating properly make sure to call Karcher servicing. Check out the following website for a great new Karcher pressure cleaner http://www.victorianpumps.com.au/.